Project plan comprises the following steps:
- Selection of municipalities for analysis.
- Experts’ identification of ecosystem services provided by trees.
- Determining the number of trees and their share in land use/land cover.
- Attribution of ecosystem services to trees, based on LiDAR data.
- Inhabitants’ valuation of ecosystem services provided by trees.
- Analysis of the legal and institutional framework concerning trees.
- Investigation of the dynamics of ecosystem services provided by trees (including impact of the 2017 legislation change).
- Multi-criteria spatial analysis concerning ecosystem services provided by trees.
- Governance preferences about restrictions on private goods decisions making (cutting down trees).
Relation between research tasks in the project